Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco De' Mayo!!!!

It's Cinco De' Mayo! (fifth of May) Since my teacher is a Spanish teacher and loves Mexico we always celebrate Cinco De' Mayo in our class. Anyone who wants to make a pinata can make one, and on Cinco De' Mayo we eat a whole bunch of Mexican food and get to destroy them!!! The kids from the younger class watch as we beat up our pinatas in the pavilion. I made a cat head for a pinata with the help of a few of my friends. Here's my pinata...

My pinata was so heavy that it broke the string!

It was so hot outside that I got sunburn! Not a lot, but my cheeks and the top layer of my arms are red. It was so much fun hitting those pinatas! Have a wonderful evening!
Smiles,
Katie :)

5 comments:

  1. I loved your cat Pinata - I have no idea how to make one or even where to start.

    Happy Cinco De' Mayo!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you are talented -- not to mention creative! I really love that pinata -- too bad you had to "beat it up". But at least you have pictures of it, right? I'm glad you had a fun "Cinco de Mayo".

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must have put a lot of things in your pinata; it is so very cute! sounds like a wonderful way to spend the 5th of May!

    adios,

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pinata, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katie!

    That's cute! I remember making one in the 7th grade but not for Cinco de Mayo.

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!

Smiles,
Katie :)