These are some pictures of the way up there...
This is the building...
And the inside....
After walking down the walkway, we reached this building...
Then I looked up and saw this...
As I walked down the walkway under the bridge, I saw a few of the kids in my class crowding around in one spot, crouching over the rock rail staring at a certain spot in the lake. I asked them what they were doing. There was a baby snake in the water...
(sorry if it's hard to see)It's kind of cute! :)
If you can't tell, this is a view of the top part of the bridge viewing from up under it.
That box is marking the supposed George Washington's initials he carved in there himself from when he was young.
This is a little wooden bridge going over the lake under the Natural Bridge...
Under the little bridge.
Then we walked....
....to a replica of a small Indian village.
And the inside of it...
This is something, I don't know what it was supposed to be...

Next we walked over a cement bridge over a creek.

Then down a path...
Then we walked further and we came to the waterfall.
On our way walking back, we saw a little otter sitting on a rock...
Then we walked back up the way we came then drove down to the caverns.
Hope I didn't bore you! :)
Katie ♥
Your mother had shown some pictures too. What a great field trip. Katie I didn't even know something like that existed. There is so much to see and learn about just the good old USA!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun.
sandie
I had a great time too! You took lots of great pictures!!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Mom♥
Great pictures Katie!
ReplyDeleteIt has been years since I have been to the Natural Bridge. I need to go back and see the new additions of the Indian Village. Back when we went there was a wax museum. Is that still there?
Hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
Angela
Fantastic pix, Katie! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)
ReplyDeleteThis was so NOT boring! I felt like I went on the field trip with you! And I enjoyed it! The Natural Bridge was really cool! My husband and I have gone to Arches National Park in Utah - they have rock arches that kinda resemble this one. It's so neat how nature makes these interesting formations! God is such a creative Creator!!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving...gobble, gobble!!
GOD BLESS!