Here is the e-mail my cousin Lila sent me last night...
Hey. I was just wanting to let you know that my grandma is having a major surgery tomorrow. It is an open heart surgery and the surgery its self will take at least 5 hours! There are many risks and everyone is nervous and praying for her. The reason for the surgery is she has an aneurysm. It is in one of her heart valves. They are going to remove the valve and replace it with a pig valve. (Apparently pigs have the same size heart as humans.) She will be in the hospital for I think about a week or so until she is allowed to go home. (If everything goes smoothly) She will not be able to do anything for at least a month, including driving, cooking, and for a little while, standing and walking. I am really worried, along with the rest of my family. Every night in my prayers I ask God for a successful surgery and a successful recovery. I pray that nothing will go wrong and that she will feel ok by Christmas. Please pray for my grandma! She needs all the prayers she can get.
~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
Please keep her and my family in your prayers.
Thank you
Katie ♥
Katie - your mom didn't mention it - is it her mother or your dad's? And yes we will pray and I will have my family pray too.
ReplyDeleteAfter all I'm a grandma - I think she will do great.
Love,
sandie
Dear Lord,
ReplyDeletePlease be with Lila's grandma. Even though we know that You are in control, we still get scared. Guide the hands of the surgeons - make them accomplish what they need to do. And keep Lila's grandma strong. Help her come through this ordeal with flying colors! Be with the family. Give them courage and peace. Comfort their hearts with the knowledge that none of them is alone. You are the Great Physician, and we ask for Your blessings...
In Jesus' name, Amen.
GOD BLESS, Katie - keep me posted on this.