Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm Back!

Hey, guys! :) I'm really sorry that I haven't posted anything for so long. Well, I'm back now! :)

Please enjoy all the many things I have to post about.....

Happy International Smile Day!!!
World Smile Day is celebrated on the first Friday in the month of October every year. The idea of World Smile Day was coined and initiated by Harvey Ball, a commercial artist from Worcester, Massachusetts. Harvey Ball is known to have created the Smiley Face in 1963. The World's first World Smile Day was held in the year 1999 and has been held annually since.
After Harvey died in 2001, the "Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation" was created to honor his name and memory. The slogan of the Smile Foundation is, "improving this world, one smile at a time". The Foundation continues as the official sponsor of World Smile Day each year.
The message of the World Smile Day 2010 is "Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile"

Happy Fall!
As you may, or may not know, Wednesday, September 22nd was the first day of fall. I'd like to wish you all a happy fall!
Tell me what you think of when you think of fall or autumn. Do you think of the leaves changing? Pumpkins? School starting? What?

My trip to the Arlington National Cemetery
My teacher recently lost her husband. Her husband was in the navy, so she decided to bury him there.
I took many pictures on the way there, the cemetery, the Pentagon, and the Washington Monument.
Here's the Washington Monument...

Didn't I do an awesome job taking that picture?
Here's the Pentagon...

Not the best pics in the world but they're pics.
Here's the cemetery...







Like 'em? I took a lot! Dad took some too. You can tell the difference between his and mine because his pics were better.
And I also took pictures of the people with the casket...


And the three volley salute...
I'm not quite sure, but I think it is called the three volley salute.
On our way out, we got to see another funeral for, apparently, a high-ranking officer pass by carrying the casket....
This is the horse with no rider. If you look closely, you can see boots in the stirrups, but they're backward. This represents the soldier no longer in action.

On our way home we saw this monument thing...
Sorry it's blurry, but this is pretty much the best picture I have.
This is the link to where Wikipedia says about it....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force_Memorial
Apparently, it is an air force memorial monument thing.

Before I go on, I'd like to thank all the service men out there who gave their lives to serve this great nation. And for my teacher's husband, may he rest in peace....


Sunday's little trip.

On Sunday, Mom, Dad, Lilly and I went down to the river again to get some fresh air and just take a little walk and since they allowed dogs, we took Lilly, too! :)

We didn't take many pictures but here's the river...

And here's Lilly...
LOL She's so hot! :)


My Camping Trip

Now, I told you I'd post about my camping trip once things settled down. It's been settled down for quite a while now, so I'm going to post about it now.

These pictures are pictures of the beautiful mountain scenery on the way up there...








And this is a picture of the twisty road going up the mountain...
I know it's blurry. It was kind of hard to get a picture that good, actually.

Here are a few pics of the beautiful camp fire...


The blue on the left, by the way, is someone's glow bracelet. I gave out glow bracelets to most of my friends.

Isn't it just beautiful?! I loved sitting around the camp fire with all my friends. That was such a fun night! :)

These are some pictures of the campsite...
Our eating area. (we're messy) :)



I slept in this tent.


The two tents on the right were the girls' tents. One of the boys' tents were on the right there.


This was the other boys' tent


This was one of the counselors' tent.

Friday, August 20, we went floating down the Shenandoah river on our tubes. It was so much fun!
I would have taken some pictures, but my camera wasn't water-proof and there was no place to keep my camera so I didn't bring it. I was going to get the pictures from one of my friends that had a water-proof camera, but apparently she forgot because she never gave them to me.

The camping trip was so much fun! I'll never forget it!!! :)



Well I hope you enjoyed my 5 in 1 post!

Katie ♥

6 comments:

  1. Sorry she lost her photos :(
    You did a great job with taking the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie - you had a fantastic summer! You sound very happy and excited about life.

    Happy Fall to you. I am sorry about your teacher.

    Wasn't that cementary awesome - I mean that in a respectful way.

    And looks like you had a great day trip with your mom and dad.

    And look at the camping trip - love the fire.

    Love you too,
    sandie

    PS Missed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a nice summer.

    The camping trip was AWESOME and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun! It was my first time camping, isn't that sad?

    anyway, thanks for commenting! :)
    Katie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Katie!

    Great pictures! I used to live in Clinton, Maryland so we drove into DC all the time. I do miss seeing the Washington Monument and all of the different sights to see and do in that area.

    Your campfire looked awesome! I found some jumbo marshmallows today at the store that are marketed just for campfires.

    Have a Wonderful Weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Isnt that sad how many graves there are in that cemetary? It's huge!

    I have been to Washington D.C. before! I got to stand RIGHT in front of the Washington Monument!

    Im glad you had fun on your camping trip!

    Love,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!

Smiles,
Katie :)